Sunday, February 19, 2006

BETWEEN A YAWN AND A BRRRRR....

Another Sunday, and while it's not snowing like last week and
the sun shines brightly out there, it's coooooold. I've got layers
of shirts on again and I'm venturing out there to the launfromat
shortly. It's not the coldest day ever but it's harder to take 23
degrees with lower windchills aftert two days near the 60's.

Work is work. We had one person let go last week and another
left this week. Still another gave notice. Not only am I among the
older folks agewise but there's nobody on staff that's been there
longer than I now. I had my 6th anniversary at the job two weeks
ago.There's a few that started a year or so after I did, and then
a gap of three years or so to the next senior employee.

Gee, only ten more years there before I can get full Social
Security and retire. Yeah..as if I could afford retirement!

The car seems to be running alright now. Money will be a
bit tight though the next few weeks. Typing that last I
had to grin. Money is ALWAYS tight! Luckily my
entertainment needs are few so it's not all grim. I get
a discount at work so I can afford books that interest me.
I don't have cable but again there's some shows on the
free networks I enjoy. And of course there's roleplay.
and writing.

Imagination is free, too. All you have to do is exercise it.

As to roleplay, we're moving closer to realizing my goal
of having a Most Active List with 20 different roleplayers
on it. The most recent (today) had 14 and a majority of
the list had 100+ lines. Even the PoD cracked the Top
Ten and 173 lines! .I'd prefer being further down the
list myself with less lines but with the quest last night.BT
would naturally be talking more. The main thing is to
keep everyone involved and keep having fun. And the
most heartening thing has been the way everyone has
continued to get along well with each other.

So far, so good.

Now, I need to go pick out a book to read while
my clothes get clean!

No comments: