Sunday, February 12, 2006

AARGH..........SNOW!!!!!!

We're getting hammered up here. We could have about
20 inches + of snow by the time it ends around 7pm. The
winds are about 40 mph and I've got some drafts from
higher gusts since the insulation is minimal in this place.
We've got about a foot of snow so far and it's drifting,

So, the apartment is a bit cool and drafty, and I've piled
on the clothes: undershirt, turtleneck, heavy jersey, denim
shirt, heavy jersey, hooded sweatshirt, and baseball cap.
I have the hood up in Unibomber mode . I might make
spaghetti for dinner tonight because the boiling water helps
heat the place. And if it is really cold I'll turn on the electric
oven and leave the door open. It's things my folks had to do
when I was a kid so it's nothing new for me and plenty of
other folks living in old apartments.

Thankfully, it's Sunday and my day off. I'll deal with digging
out tomorrow because doing it tonight is pointless until that
wind dies down. So I'll read, rp, write, maybe nap out the storm

Rp the last few nights has been good even though I've not been
at my best because of a headcold coming on and being beat from
work. But others are picking up the slack and the channel has
been in use for more time these past few days then there has been
inactivity. There was a good turnout for the dance last night.

I still have the second half of the cliffhanger to finish before
Snooks kills me for leaving our eldest in danger.

But right now, I need another cup of coffee.

No comments: