Back in my mispent youth,around 30 years or so ago,
I worked in the garment manufacturing business in
a cutting room. It was a virtual melting pot of men
from various nationalities. Frequently we'd work
laying cloth in teams of two and I'd find myself
partnered up with an Italian gentleman named
Alberto T.
Occasionally some folks would get into an argument
and Alberto would take a puff on his cigar, look at
me, and say in his best Don Coreleone imitation:
"They are men of little or no consequence, and of
no significance, Gulliermo. Pay them no mind."
Seeing the word significance used elsewhere recently
I remembered Al saying that. Perhaps if I was able
to do as Al suggested I wouldn't have fought so hard
to keep the old channel going and I would not have
felt so angry and hurt by the subsequent events
But to say that one person or aspect of that channel
and its demise was of no signifciance would be to say
that the whole thing was as well. I can't do that.I'm
the worst fool of all, a true believer. I really believed
in what we said the channel stood for and in what we
said a knight should be.
Silly me.
At any rate, this is the last entry..probably.. dealing
with rp in this blog. If I feel the need to comment
on it I will do so elsewhere in another blog when
the time comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment