Well, new year got off to the same old start as last year.
I snoozed a bit watching the Pats game and so missed
seeing the first drop kick in 60 years in the NFL as it
happened but I've seen it five times now on replay.
Spent some time cleaning while listening to "Mass"
and while I don't entirely agree the sentiment in the
lyrics I do think it's a great album musically.
Didn't get any writing done and I don't know why.
The Muse is certainly up there but getting it from
mind to keyboard is another matter.
I don't know why the "Mass" lytics don't speak to
me more,considering how much more cynical I've become
over the last six years. And I certainly don't go to a real
Mass anymore. I think more and more about Tennyson's
lines about "the great dark" and wish I could believe
in an afterlife or in reincarnation but find it increasingly harder.
Don't know where all this is coming from except that it's
New Years and you tend to think about this sort of stuff now,
and when you live by yourself you don't have someone
around to say "Well, look on the bright side.."
Yeah. Anyway..enough of this for one night.
No comments:
Post a Comment