Saturday, July 31, 2004

THE LOWEST LEVEL

So, I'm on the way out of work tonight and a see a kid running across the parking lot towards me as I
open my car door.I still had my Club in my hand
so I wasn't too worried. As it turned out, he was
worse than a mugger.

Kid: "Sir, do you believe in a democracy? Would you
sign a petition to get Ralph Nader on the ballot?"

Me: (after three seconds) "No"

Kid: "You don't believe in democracy?"

Me: "Not for him I don't. I question his motives,
I question his sincerity, I question his ambition.
And I question his timing. He could have entered the race earlier but chose not to because of Howard
Dean. I blame him for Bush winning last time."

Kid:"Well, Ralph has an Impeach Bush Online
Petition, you know."

Me: "If Kerry wins, we won't need it, will we?"

At that point, he saw another potential vic..er..
voter, and ran off.

As I drove home. I tuned in Michael Savage.I
have always believed in knowing what both sides
are saying and this guy makes me wish I didn't.
in the space of twenty..just TWENTY minutes, he

...boasted about a phone call yesterday from an
unidentified "former crewmate" of Kerry's who had
claimed Kerry was a coward and ran from combat.

...questioned Teresa Heinz Kerry's sanity.

...asked in feigned innocence how Sen. Heinz's
kids could let a Democrat get all their dad's
money.

...wasn't it a bit suspicious that Sen. Heinz
who had died in one of those awfully common
small plane crashes hadn't had a pre-nup with his
wife.

...talked about Teresa Heinz Kerry's childhood
in Mozambique and that no one (supposedly) knew anything about her father's life in Portugal.And
wasn't Portugal part of the UnderGround Railroad
(for Nazi's) after World War 2?

I was swearing a blue streak by then and shut it
off.What concerns me is that there are those out there who will take this as gospel, not stopping to question how these "facts" could have failed to surface about Kerry and his wife during the last thirty or so years, when he was running for Senator and she was married to a Republican senator.Wouldn't political rivals have jumped at the chance to expose this stuff?

Would John McCain, Wesley Clark,
Bob Kerrey, and Max Cleland, all of whom have ways to check up on a fellow Viet Nam vet's veracity, still speak highly of his courage in Vietnam if that story were true?

I think not.

This is the lowest level of political hackdom.
If they can't find a way to sway voters with
facts, make up some crap.

What really worries me is that some nut job
will take it much too seriously and decide it's
up to him to save us all.

No wonder it's hard to find candidates to run for
some offices.

Who'd want to go through stuff like that?

No comments: