Friday, July 23, 2004

ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Well, on the personal front, I feel much better
today.I slept in the parlor chair last night and
intended to go to work this morning, but decided
that if I took one more day out, I'd give everything
that extra day to settle back to normal instead of
walking around stiffly all day.

So I called out.I then decided to try the bed
again since sleeping in the chair doesn't really
get me much sleep. I no sooner got into a fairly
comfortable position atop the bed than the phone
rang.I had a suspicion who it would be, and I was
right.

It was TMWMBO, asking if I was planning to go to
a doctor today. I said no, and TMWMBO proceeded to
read me some email sent by corporate in reponse to
an inquiry, then stopped when it becme apparent it
referred to someone who took several days off. I
pointed out that yesterday was a scheduled day off,
explained my reasoning and then said if it was going
to be a hassle then I'd just get dressed and be in.

TMWMBO assured me I shouldn't do that, that this
was just an attempt at cost or people management
(I forget which) and also concern for my health.

I went back to bed and eventually feel asleep and
got a good stretch of mostly comfortable sleep in
before getting up and out later in the day to fetch
food and drink for dinner and gas for the car.

Later I got a call from my sister. Her youngest,
the one at Colby, has a summer job working for
a caterer and dropped a knife on his foot, hitting
his little toe. The EMT gave the kid a scare by telling him in the ambulance that he might lose the toe, but fortunately the doctors had a different
diagnosis. They stitched him up and sent him home
with painkillers and orders to stay off the foot
for a bit.

As I've said before, I hate July. Whoever is
making us all so damn miserable...

KNOCK IT OFF!

1 comment:

D said...

WOW! I thought I had been lax in posting to my blog?

**waves**