TGIS.
I'm in one of those wacko sleep cycles at the
moment.I got home yesterday fairly early for
me on a Saturday..@7:45. I made myself a pair
of seafood salad sandwiches, sat down in the
parlor,ate dinner,and next thing I know, I'm
waking up around 12:30 a.m. this morning.
Needless to say, this meant I was awake for
a bit and I think it was nearly 7am before I
fell asleep in my bed. I woke about an hour ago.
Lazy, lazy, lazy.
Other than that, I'm feeling well and more
relaxed than I have for several months. I think
the mad scramble brought on by the car troubles
is finally done. I have to admit I feel a little
guilty that I'm reasonably content while people
I care about are having rough patches.
July this year seems to be cursed or something.
Besides those folks who read this,(who make up
the majority of those I care about outside my
immediate family), there's this list of troubles
at work:
1.The office manager was taken out of the store
on a stretcher a week ago Friday with stomach
pains. She was released by the hospital the same
day, but she's been ill again the last three days.
2. Another worker was having pre-op work done for
an operation on his caratoid artery when they found
lumps on his thyroid. Surgery was successful and the lumps were benign.
3. Another worker's mother was taken to the cardiac
icu and was there for a few days until she
stabilized.
4. Another worker was told by his doctor that his
symptoms are job stress related.
Crazy, eh?
I was assigned to "greet" people for an hour yesterday and passed the time mentally debating
how to greet the customers:
.....A Reginald Van Gleason-like"Greeeeeetings,
salutations, and felicitations!" ?
.....A Gomer Pyle-like "Hiiiiiiiii!"?
or my personal favorite...
"Welcome to the Hellmouth."
And despite all that, I find myself singing
along with Jimmy Buffet's version of "Scarlet
Begonias" from the new album we play over the
sound system.
No comments:
Post a Comment