Friday, May 14, 2004

I REALLY SHOULDN'T GIVE A DAMN

I shouldn't, really ,but watching the chaos that is
now the norm at the store I sometimes feel like just
laughing, and then at other times I feel like telling
someone to get the hell out of my way while I dive
back into the whole inventory mess:
..unprocessed customer orders
..latest weekly magazines still sitting on a cart
out in the back room and the week nearly over
..a post inventory return that seems to go on
forever
..unsorted merchandise
..newly hired help quitting after two weeks
..an experienced worker quitting after two years

This is not the fault of the workers but rather the
system put into place by the Home Office over a year
ago. It's unworkable, at least in our store for
several reasons,not the least of which is TMWMBO.

Ah well. The urge to laugh is brought on whenever I
recall the statement that I might regret stepping down
from my former position if whomever took over did a
better job then I did in the back room.

Yeah. Right.

Right now, I see them all running around doing
what I did better with half the bodies they have at
their disposal now.

Pfft.


No comments: