Monday, March 28, 2005

HOPALONG

A rather quiet Easter. It's really lost any family feel to it since Mom's death
and we don't get together for Easter dinner like we did in the old days when
Dad would fire up the pressure cooker for the Boiled Cabbage to go with the
ham.Cheryl has been fighting a headcold and had an interview for today that she
wanted to rest up for, and her husband has finally gotten over the staph infection
in his side that he seems to have developed either at Walter Reed while visiting
Paul or at home from some germ Paul had. We think this because it was originally
a small scratch and the infection was especially tough to clear up. I wonder how
many other health problems have come back from Iraq with our troops?

Work Saturday was a madhouse. We were light on staff to begin with and then
one of the girls went home ill. So for three hours in the afternoon there were four
of us on the sales floor(not counting the cafe worker) and of the four, three of us
were on the registers. We had a non stop line, but luckily the customers were
good humored. But by the time I got out at 6 I was wiped out. I came home, ate,
napped in the parlor off and on for nearly 6 hours before checking in online at
Cams. I got to bed around 3:30 and ending up sleeping in until nearly 2. So, not
a heck of a lot got accomplished today .

And my shifts this week are all mid shifts...12-9pm for four days, 11-8 on Saturday

Fun fun fun.

No comments: