Well, it's still snowing out. Whiteout conditions and officially the second blizzard of
the winter, although more for the high wind and low visibility than for total snow fall.
I'll have to do a little shoveling again tomorrow before going to work at noon, it looks
like. Man, that wind is really howling, though!
I'm at that time of year again where I feel a bit of dissastisfaction with things.Lately the
books I buy turn out to be not worth the time or money spent on them.And of course
there's work and SWMBO, but that's a given. I can't afford to change jobs when in
all likelihood I'd have to take a cut in pay to start and I realistically cannot afford it. So
I soldier on and look for those parts and people I enjoy about the job and endure the rest.
It's not as bad in rp right now but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that all this silliness hasn't
had some effect. I cannot understand why someone who's chosen to leave the channel
cannot just move on with what has happened. One part of me tells myself to ignore it,
while the other part says to do so would be to validate what is being said. And it's hard
to kick a sl into gear when the chan population is low.
Even my writing seems bleh to me. I wrote HT33 today and one particular scene, the
walk up the side of the hill, had been in my imagination since the other night. I just re
read it and it seemed...flat.. to me.
Not to mention the two typoes I missed before posting to the list.
Flat seems the best description for it all right now;like ginger ale with the fizz
gone out of it.
But I' m mainly an optimist. I'll hang on and wait for a fresh glass and more
fizz.
No comments:
Post a Comment