Which is what I did at work again today. This time it happened outside on the front walk.
I'd suddenly realized I'd left my wallet lying in plain view on the front seat of my car
so I went out to get it, not bothering with coat or hat because, after all, I was coming
back inside right away. I retrieved my wallet and started back inside, thinking about a
conversation I'd had with SWMBO just before this, and as I walked towards the door
I caught the tip of my shoe on the edge of the sidewalk. There's a tapering down of
the curb to allow handicap access and I hit the last actual edge of curbing.
I then did a fairly accurate impression of a dodo bird.
Nothing broken, but I cut the inside of my mouth a little and have a nice bruise on the
corner of my chin to match the scrape over my eye and the other bruises on my kneecaps.
Nothing injured except my pride.
Amazingly enough, my chino pants were not torn..not a mark on them.
Wish I could say the same.
Ah well...let's hope I don't fall out of bed.
3 comments:
They say that tripping over curbs is a clear sign you are getting old because you shuffle your feet more and sometimes get the walker stuck in the cracks ... :)
Dang punk kid!
Mircspouse!
What are you thinking? YOU BE CAREFUL!
Ice packs, and motrin *nodnod*
And perhaps a picking up of the feet next time?
*smooch*
The Mircwife
Post a Comment