Another month comes and goes.
Work is work. It doesn't pay much, but it keeps the roof over my head
and food in the cupboard. Barely keeps the wolves from the door, though.
I think I am now part of the "working poor" masses. I lose my job and the
skids are greased, let me tell ya.
So I try to stay a happy peasant and bite my tongue when some new rule or
policy comes along that makes no sense. As Chico used to say on that old tv
show, "Is not my yob,man" anymore.
Writing is at a temporary standstill. Mostly, I think, because it's close to the
end of the Hundredth Tear series now and I think I am reluctant to close that
series off. I have a mix of emotions about it. It was never intended to go this long,
but instead was going to serve as the intro for a quest. When the circumstances
that triggered the idea changed, I had to change the reason to look for the Tear.
By this time, some of the people I wanted to run the quest for were away from the
channel and I certainly didn't want to run it without them and have a certain other
rp powergame their way through it. And as I became more and more frustrated
with events, HT became an escape for me.Nice eh? An escape from an escape?
And now of course, while some of the rps have returned, others haven't. The last time
I brought up the Tear and Merlin's Tower in rp was over two months ago, now.
I doubt I'll ever run it now. Doesn't matter really since it was most like not going
to be a major quest anyway.
And since then, it's been harder to write. HT has been effected by my mood and by
events and there's been little joy in working on thses last few segments. I think this
is the first time I've written something where I'll be relieved when I finish.
No doubt some of the readers will be too.
And yet, I will be a bit sad it's over.
Go figure.
And so another April arrives.
Rah.
No comments:
Post a Comment