Sunday, April 16, 2006

THIS AND THAT

A quiet Easter Sunday. My sister and brother in law are off touring Tennessee
on school vacation week (just in time for tornado season) and my brother is
working. My windows are open and so I am currently listening to my next door
neighbor's cautionary tale to his sons about a man who was holding his
flashlight in his mouth as he worked, fell, and had the flashlight come out the
back of his head.

Lovely man, my neighbor.

Easter's one of the two holidays that have emotional ties for the family.It was the
last one my Mom was able to celebrate with us. And of course Dad died on
Thanksgiving.

So..Easter lunch will be a bologna sandwich and chips in about a half hour.
I might nuke a chicken frozen meal for dinner or make spagehetti.I'm
leaning towards the chicken.

Current events: Isn't it time for even most Republicans to admit this
adminstration has been a dud? The emperor has no clothes, folks.
I think he and the Republican congress are in for a bad election this
year.

The Bruins are done for the year..the Celtics nearly so. No playoffs
for either team. Ah well, that leaves plenty of time for the sweet torture
of Red Sox Baseball!


Oh. I got my yearly evaluation and a raise. It's the best annual I've
ever gotten from You Kniow Who and I'm still a bit bemused by that.

I'm faced with the enjoyable dilemma of trying to pick one of the
story ideas to write about.Roleplay has been more frequent and fun
lately and I have to pay more attention when I'm in channel. One of
the old rps who returned recently told me she's got the rp bug again
and can't wait to see what is going on when she gets into the channel
and the player she's hooked up with feels the same. Their line count
reflects that interest. They are having fun, and that's what rp is all
about.

I hear that sandwich calling.....

No comments: