Sunday, April 30, 2006

SON OF GEORGE AND OTHER STUFF

Ok..I have a new comp.

Or rather a new OLD comp.

I got my income tax return the other day and decided before
I spent it on bill and car repair, I'd put old George into be repaired
since Kramer (the laptop) has been as shaky as the character on
Seinfeld. I took him down to a local repairshop and as I
suspected, George needed a new modem. I dropped him off @
2:15 and the repair guy called to say it was done by 5:15. $50
for a new modem. We talked and I asked him about the used
comps he had and what he might put together for me, but with
my work schedule and the store's hours it would have been next
Thursday before I could get whatever he threw together. So, I
told him I'd be right down to pay him for the modem.

When I got there, he said he had something in the back room
I might be interested in. (the shop is in the front..repair drop
off and pick up out in the back). He had a 1GHZ Pc..WinME,
two USP ports..and a cdburner...for $80!!

Needless to say, I took it. George is still here as a backup, but
I'm using George Jr now. I feel a bit guilty about it since George
was a gift and he has been so trustworthy over the years, but
this was too good to pass up. I had some Christmas Gift Cards
from Best Buy totalling around $30 so I used them towards an
inexpensive printer and a USB cable. I burned a copy of my
genealogy last night At some point I'm going to start transferring
all my stories and rp logs to cds off of the stack of floppies I
have on my desk.

And I have to admit, I'm psyched over all the disc space and
things I can do now.


WORK: We've had some shoplifters this week. One pair of
young African American gentlemen ran out of the store with
nearly $200 dollars of rap cds. Since we called the cops right
away they were caught in a few minutes as they ran down the
street towards the train station.

The next day, a Caucasian gentleman (we are an equal
oppurtunity target for thieves) set off the alarm at the door and
I asked him to open his backpack. Instead he pulled two copies
of the "Confessions of a Video Vixen" hardcover book out of
the front of his pants and set them on the counter. When I asked to
see inside his backpack, he ran out the door, setting the alarm off
again, so it's a safe bet he had more stuff on him. I let him go. I'm
getting too old to wrestle shoplifters. Since the police didn't spot
him right away, he most likely had a car waiting for him.

RP: All quiet on the borders. We're having fun. Lest this be
mistaken for "blowing my horn", I am blowing the channel's
horn, not mine. This is the channel that was supposed to be
dead in 6 months, as I recall someone saying.The fact that
it isn't is not a tribute to me but to the roleplayers who kept it
going. And that the other channel has found it necessary
to move over to Sorcery only confirms what I said all
along about Starchat.

As for the rest of it...

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg!

Those on the Cams list know what that means.

Now..off to the laundromat.

No comments: