Saturday, March 18, 2006

SATURDAY SITTING AT THE KEYBOARD

Felt a bit bleh this morning so I stayed home from work. I usually
don't call out unless the flu has really got a hold of me but the
way I was feeling when I got up told me I was not going to be
exactly a ball of fire today so I called out sick. The fact that I went
back to bed and slept another four hours afterwards tells me I
made a good choice.Still feeling queasy though. I'm hoping that
getting in some writing will distract me from how I feel.

At work, the books about the Bulger gang continue to sell
very well. Most of the Irish Catholics who left Boston for
the suburbs moved down this way and we've had customers
who tell us how they know one or another of the three
gangmembers/authors or can recall seeing Whitey taking
a walk around Castle Island as he conducted his business.
Since we sold close to 1000 copies of the talkshow host's
book about Whitey and his politican brother Billy the
company has set up a signing with him next Sunday at the
store. The guy who was on "60 Minutes" last week
talking about how they'd planned to kill the talk host will
be in two weeks later to sign HIS book. And two days
after that another one will be there with HIS book.

All signings will be BYOBV: Bring Your Own Bullet
Vest.

Weather has turned chilly again with temps in the 30's.
I blame Canada. Nods.

Cams is doing well. It sputters every once and awhile
but on the whole it's growing. If we ever get everyone
back and healthy all at once it would be great, but the
reality is that stuff happens. Still,.there are more nights
like last night than what we used to have at the old place.
Rp's ranged from 6 to 12 for most of the night once the
rp began with two or three hours at the top number,
although not all the same folks as people came and
went. I just did a quick tally in my head and we've
added 11 new people since the move, with some
who are very active while some less so due to
their rl schedules. But all have fit in quite well. We
had another old timer drop in a few nights who
was even active enough to make the Most Active
list but I'm not sure if he'll be able to stick around
do to his Starchat rp involvements and certain
policies there. The good thing is that the new folks
along with the older ones are getting along
and having fun.

Hmm..think I'll go do some writing.

No comments: