Of voice and money
It's been quite a few weeks.
A week ago Thursday,I found quite a few envelopes in my mailbox with
the bank logo on them. When I finally opened them,I had all sorts of notices of overdrafts and charges.This puzzled me,since I knew I had money
in the bank.Then I opened the larger envelope with the monthly statement and found a check had been cashed for $639.00.
Panic ensued. Had someone forged a check?
Then I looked at my check book and found an entry for the same check but for $63.90,the minimum payment on my car insurance.
They'd cashed it for $639.00
I called the bank and the clerk I spoke to told me it was too late in the day
to do anything. He assured me he would notify the Research Dept and that they would call me back in a day.
They didn't get back to me on Friday..or Saturday.
I called the car insurance company. They told me they would research it as
well, and if there was a mistake, they'd get back the money to me in two weeks.
Meanwhile,after I deposited my paycheck on Friday, I had an available
balance of -$175.00. That's MINUS.
I called the bank on Monday and learned the Research Dept knew nothing at
all about my dilemma. The lady cashier I spoke with was sympathetic and told me they would get back to me by Tuesday, and agreed to send me a copy of
the check when they found it.I wanted it, because by now I wondered if I had made the check out incorrectly.
Upshot of it was I had written it correctly, and the bank replaced the money
on Tuesday. But I have to say I've never been as frantic as I was those four days in all the time since Ma died.
Meanwhile, I had a headcold, and by Wed. I had the start of laryngitis. On Friday, my voice was pretty much gone. It's only now, on Sunday, that it is
close to normal
Fun, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment