Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Tuesday Night
We had Mitch Albom in last night to sign books at the store. He drew
quite a large crowd and he seems like such a nice guy.Very down to earth.
I must confess I've never read either of his books.When his first book came out, my mother was dying of liver and bowel cancer.It was a painful
process for her,and it was hard to watch a woman who'd been active and vibrant become just a person lying in a bed, trying to hold onto life while she
endured pain I can only imagine.
The last thing I needed was a book to feel better about death.I never got
around to reading it.I still can't.
I'd like to believe there is something after life,but I'm not sure it would be
any different for me than this life has been.If there is something,I hope they
have a Suggestion Box up there so I can file a few complaints.

No comments: