Man, I started off to bed a half an hour ago and I’m
still sitting here staring at the screen.
Had a crazy busy day at work today. The weather was
cool and dank, not rainy. Just miserable enough to send
a horde of folks in to buy books or DVDs and we were
down one cashier who called out sick. While we had
several stockers about none of them are cashier trained,
so they pretty much stuck to Info while I ran up to the cash
line when needed.
We had the author William Martin in today to autograph and
talk about his latest book and I missed the talk part because
of the chaos. But I did get a chance to speak with him afterward.
He’s been in the store before and we talked during those visits
and he remembers my name and the conversations, which are
usually about the latest discovery I’ve made in my genealogy
research. So I did get a chance today to tell him about the relative
John Adams defended in a murder trial and he signed a copy of
his book for me.
“To Bill, who’s always full of stories.”
Well, I’m glad he didn’t use another word than stories!
Ok, let’s try this sleeping thing again…
No comments:
Post a Comment