Thursday, August 17, 2006

THE GRUMPY OLD FART"S THEORY ON RP AND WRITING

Ok, still sort of late but I'm a bit wider awake at present.

I have this theory in regards to roleplay and writing. It's
my observation that if a person is a competent roleplayer
then odds are good that they will also be able to write a
good story. After all, how many times have we in Camelot
called roleplay interactive fiction? If a player has a good
imagination then he or she is already capable of coming up
with an interesting plot. If their posts show good descriptive
ability as well as dialogue, well, there's the basics of writing
a story!.The folks who regularly read this blog are prime
examples of my theory. They've all written at least one
story and there's not been one clunker in the whole batch!.

It doesn't have to be spelled one hundred percent perfectly
nor does it have to be grammatcially perfect from start to
finish, so long as it is interesting!

What amazes me are the folks who are good roleplayers
but who are hesitant to write a story and send it to the
mail list. I told someone tonight who asked me to check over
something she wrote that she should just think of writing
stories as another form of roleplay..a solo version.I thought
the piece she wrote, even as short as it was, was a good one.

Anywho, that's some of my theory. More to come later.

As E would say, off to the beddery!

No comments: