most normal folks are enjoying themselves.
But there were two..er..interesting..moments today.
The first involved a customer of ..well..he could be about my
age. He was sitting in one of the chairs down in the history
section and wasn't moving. He was sort of balanced on the
front of the seat, like he was going to stand up. But his eyes
were closed. And he wasn't moving. And I couldn't see any
signs he was breathing. I called the inventory supervisor on
my radio set and he went over to check on him. No movement.
Then just as the IS was about to reach out and tap the guy on
the shoulder, the customer gives a big gasp, opens his eyes..and
then gets up and leaves the store. The poor IS nearly fell over.
The second involves one of my favorite things:White suburban
teenagers doing their Ghe-tto thing. I swear these kids watch
too many Eminem videos. Two kids came in late afternoon, a
"Mutt and Jeff" pair, and the taller one grabs a bag of Jelly Belly
Jelly beans and tosses it to the shorter one. They continue tossing
it back and forth all the way to the Men's Room, the shorter one
doing all the talking. A few minutes later, they come out of the
Men's Room.
No bag of Jelly Beans. It was a slow day. The candy was worth
all of maybe 6 bucks or so. (Gourmet jelly beans, you know?)
And then, I get in touch with my Inner BT.
ME:"Say, guys? Could you tell me where you left the jelly beans
so I can put them back on the shelf?"
Mutt n Jeff look at each other.
Mutt
ME: "Yeah. The bag you were tossing back and forth to each other
on the way to the Men's Room?"
Mutt: ((Looking at Jeff))
"Umm. Did we leave them in the Men's Room?
Jeff::((shrugs
Mutt:"I'll go look."
Off he went to the Men's Room. I followed. By the time I got in
there he was locked in the last stall and I could hear the sound of
the trash barrel being rattled. Loudly.
ME: "Must have left them in the trash, eh? Sounds like they are in
there pretty deep."
The stall door opens. Mutt hands me the bag, which most likely was
in his pants pocket all along. It's open and some of the jelly beans have
obviously already been eaten. "Yeah."
I took the bag. "Leave, please,. Don't come back to this store. Same
for your friend. We know what you look like now."
I escorted him back out to the front door and off they went. I have to
confess that I got a few laughs out of it. Not only were they thieves but
they were remarkably DUMB thieves. And I doubt if a week from now
if I will recognize this kid if he stays quiet.
And why would anyone eat anything in the Men's Room to begin with?
Anywho, that was how my 4th went.
No comments:
Post a Comment