Just a few lines before I run off to the laundromat.
Work: Yesterday's events included four sets of keys turned
in and eventually claimed. Always amazes me that we announce over
the loudspeaker that we've had keys turned it and even though we
suggest to our customers that they check to see if they've lost theirs,
2/3 of the time the customers ignore the announcement and don't
realize their keys are missing until they reach their car.
We had one driverless car roll in neutral across the parking lot
and hit another.
And I had a customer take off his hat and show me his brain
surgery scars to show why he didn't have time to place a
special order for an out of stock book, He was late for his
checkup. I would have taken him at his word without the
show and tell.
Roleplay:: A bit slower but two of our mainstays are off on
vacation and a third still has comp trouble. I'm running a
miniquest Sunday night so things still percolate. We ended
June with a total of 514 emails to the list and while we won't
come close to that in July we are still pretty lively. There's been
around 10-12 stories posted over the past three weeks and
only 2 were mine, the second being the one I wrote just this
afternoon.The Muse is loose in Cams as L would put it.
Genealogy: A distant cousin on my mom's side sent me
an email the oiher night and we've been talking about
the McFarlands. He sent me a photo of the church in
Edinburgh Scotland where my Irish great grandparents
were wed.
Thats all for now..gotta go wash those clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment