Tuesday, February 22, 2005

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Been one of the less wonderful days off.
I pulled or strained something in my left leg pushing a store fixture
back in place following a musical group's appearance at the store last
night and then had trouble finding a comfortable position for sleeping all
night, so I kept waking up. It is still bothering me and as soon as I finish
this I'm going to go sit elsewhere and hope it feels better.

After I finally got up and dressed(getting a sock on that aching leg was
a laugh riot, let me tell ya, folks!) I went to the laundromat and used two
washers I dropped the coins into the slots(anyone else notice how much
the cost to use a laundromat washing machine has gone up lately?) and
then went about reading a book for 25 minutes. Since sitting down and
getting up hurts today I leaned against a table, but the angle was such
that I was facing away from the washers so I never saw one of the
washers stop working.

I did eventually find out when I opened the lid and saw it was still full
of water. So after failed attempts to get the machine to work I rolled
up my jacket sleeves and fished all the clothes out and transferred them,
dripping a lot of water,to the next washer and popped another $1.75
into the slots. I might add this was with an appreciative audience. I'm
not sure if they were "tsk tsk'ing" over the machine or over my wet
boxer shorts.

So, not one of the better days. But when I consider how much worse off
others are than a gimpy leg and a malfunctioning washing machine, I'm
pretty sure I can survive . ((grin))

No comments: