Tuesday, January 11, 2005

CARPE DA DA DUM

Well,another January, another vacation.
So far I've managed to successfully hibernate
from the cold outside. Well,ok. It's not that
cold and I'm just being lazy. And I did go out
once for food shopping.

As for where Cams is at the moment, we've had
some fun the past few days and hopefully will
continue to do so. Despite rumors to the contrary,
we haven't banned any of the Citadel folk and
I'm not dictating where someone can or cannot
play. There are times something like that might
be necessary but I don' think it is in this
case. As long as they aren't rp'ng some sl that
compromises what Camelot stands for, I wish them
good luck and god speed over there.

What I'm going to try to do is get multiple story
lines going that will not be overwhelming but be
something anyone can drop into at anytime. So
the intrigue in The Hook will be an ongoing plot
for a while,I hope,with two threads that will
eventually come together. And I'm mulling over
how to build on the Hundredth Tear plot when it
reaches its conclusion. I'd like to make use of
the myths and legends of Camelot and the Middle
Ages in the rp. There's lots of "Little Mysteries"
we can use rather than going for the grand epic
orc invasions all the time. Besides,we must have
killed damn near every orc within a hundred miles
by now. There's also the actual history of the
period we can draw on for inspiration. This period
in English history was a time of plotting and
alliances that eventually leads to a civil war
and the age of the Plantagenet kings. Who knows
what sort of plots other races might have going
for their own reasons at the same time?

On another front, I'm contemplating installing
Win98.I've been running Win95,but damn near
every spyware or virus update won't support Win95 anymore. Then there's the nice folks here at
Blogger who have made all the bells and whistles
compatible with IE6 and Foxfire which require...
yes..Win98 to run. I'd like to add links I used
to have to other folks' blogs but it appears I
can't make the changes necessary since I changed to
this template.

We'll see. I'm notoriously inept at software
installation. ((Grins))

No comments: