I've spent a fair amount of time today climbing up the family tree
and while I've made little progress I can say it's been rather
distracting.(yeah, I didn't write anything.). The original material I
started out with came from a relative nearly twenty years ago now
and there's more stuff out there online that was not available to
her when she worked on this. All the family history sites, for
example. I discovered one tonight run by someone who shares a
common ancestor 10 generations back.
On the other hand, the elusive John Cutter West remains just
that:elusive. I now refer to him mentally as Elusive John. And on
the other side, there's my mother's dad, Edward F. White Sr., who
abandoned the family in the height of the Depression, the bastard.
Of course, I'm sure he must have had his own version of those events,
but hey, he never showed up to tell anyone. At any rate, those are
the two brick walls or squirrel guards, if you want, on my family tree.
Of course, spending most of the day on that meant my phoneline
would be busy when and/or if work called to try to get me to come in
to work inventory.
Hmmmmmm...wonder how that went?
No comments:
Post a Comment