During the course of what we euphemistically call "store
recovery", I ended up in the Gifts and Stationary area to
straighten up spme shelves and found some tubes of
hand creme that had been opened and "sampled" by some
of our customers. After the usual grumbles over the cosmic
idiocy of selling items like this in a bookstore I was struck
by the question of why it is some women have little or no
hesitation in opening something up and helping themselves
to things like cosmetics.
What's up with that? Guys wouldn't think of doing something
like that. I suppose it's because of all the free samples some
stores give their female customers; it must encourage the idea
that's it's alright to take a few squirts or a dab here and there.
I suppose though that if guys could get away with it, we'd sample
beer or food.
No comments:
Post a Comment