Well, vacation is pretty much over and it's been one of the
quiet stay at home ones, as per usual.The big excitement was the
haircut, along with the brief power outage on Thursday night. The
lady next door I've mentioned whose husband passed away back
in March knocked at my door earlier in the day because the tv
weatherman's predictions of flash flood and tstorms scared the heck
out of the poor woman. I talked with her for awhile and she was ok,
and then an hour later the power went. She was back at my door
again and we spent the next twenty minutes or so outside waiting for
the power to come back. Seeing the other apartment dwellers out
talking helped to steady her nerves some. The power came back,
and we all went back to our places
I dozed off and took a nap in the chair in the parlor. And sometime
later, I was awokened by rapping on the window. My neighbor had
seen a severe thunderstorm warning on tv. I thanked her for the
heads up and went looking for my aspirin. I don't think she is very
comfortable with thunderstorms, so I expect it will be a long summer.
I haven't done any writing this week because of getting the Camelot
monthly sl summary and the Camelot History post together.But the
slack was taken up on the list by four others and we had about 60
emails posted in the last 24 hours. Y and J had stories about Y's
petition to the court, L has posted six stories about N's trip back
to the North, and B posted the start of a series about the back
history of one of her characters. The rp picked up as well and
there were more than a few laughs. So while I didn't go anywhere
exciting in real life, I had a fairly good week being entertained on
the internet.
Ah well..back to reality on Monday...
No comments:
Post a Comment