Another Thursday Day Off. It's nice out and in a bit I'll
load up the laundry and head out to the laundromat. My
usual routine is to bring along a book, stop at Wendy's
for a burger and sit out in the car eating and reading
while the clothes wash.
Ah, the fast paced life of a middle aged bachelor!
I was reading some of my older stories today on the
website and a couple of things hit me. One is that I
should print everything out. Believe it or not, I've
never made hardcopies of any of them. Just saved
them to floppys (and now CD's). I should do it
because maybe someday my nephews could read them
and find out just how weird their Uncle Bill really was,
I guess.
Another thought I had was how long I've been writing
these things now. The Seeking was the series I was
looking at because I'm thinking about writing a longer
BT bio for the mail list and was researching the background
since I've lost track of some stuff. Like what BT's father's
name was, for example. The last entry in this was early
2003 and I couldn't believe it was that long ago. I should
really add another few entries to bring it up to the time of
the Dark Triad that brought about the main event that
shaped BT's life.
A third thought was on the writing itself. At the risk of
sounding like I'm "blowing my own horn", I thought the
Seeking read pretty good. Those who know my usual
worry about whether a story I've posted is good or a
clunker might find it amusing I can say that now about
something I wrote three years ago, I suppose. But in
looking back I can definitely see how I improved over the
years from the things I posted back in 1998 up to the
present day.
I still worry about those clunkers, though.
Vacation next week. Since I am in my usual state of
teetering on the edge of financial ruin, I'm not going
anywhere. So maybe I'll print off those stories and
write the missing Seeker parts and travel in my mind
by reading and rp.
No comments:
Post a Comment