Sunday, September 05, 2004

LAST WORD ON SWIFT BOATS

This will be the last post on this subject(unless
another event like I describe below occurs)because
this whole thing sickens me.

Last Saturday we had two customers nearly start
fistfighting over the damn book. In this case,a
Kerry supporter who overheard a Bush person
giving one of our sales clerk a hard time turned
and began loudly using profanity to express his
views on the whole bookstore conspiracy charge.
A third customer came over and demanded the Kerry
backer lower his voice and remember there were
children present even as I was moving forwards to
make the same request. It was an ugly moment and
something I've never had happen in over 15 years
in this business.

Even a week later, as we wait for the damn publisher
to send us more than just 35 books at a pop,we get
accused of hiding books in the back room.

Thank you Regnery Press for a very clever way to
keep the book in the public eye and get it maximum
press exposure.

Thank you Sean Hanritty for making me feel like my profession is suitable for only commie pinko pond
scum.

Thank you Karl Rove for once more showing how
to drag a good man down into the mud with just a
few well chosen surrogates.

And isn't it just oh so coincidental that two of
the vets in the ad are appointees to a VA advisory
committee?

My parents were active in the VFW, my dad a Post
Commander several times (as was my uncle) and my
mom an Auxiliary President several times as well
(again, as my aunt also was). I now brace myself
when I see a VFW hat or jacket on an approaching
customer. Same with vets wearing unit baseball
caps. I anticpate another round of accusations.

And because the company wishes to avoid conflict,
employees are not allowed to discuss politics
among themselves on the sales floor to keep from
offending customers with our support for whichever
candidate we favor.

Rove and friends have done their work well. Double digit lead surge in the polls. And now the President
condemns the ads, because they've done the job and
he can appear to be taking the high road.

No wonder there's such low voter turnout at elections.

I'll still go and vote.

But is there even a point anymore?

End of Rant.

End of Discussion

No comments: