Tuesday, September 14, 2004

ANGER

That's what I'm feeling today. It's what I've
felt since Cheryl called me at work to tell me
they'd received word her son Paul had been wounded
in action over in Baghdad.

Details seem to be hard to get. Since we know that
Paul has been a driver for his captain and his
injuries are on the left side of the body,we think
he was one of the four American soldiers wounded
Sunday when a suicide bomber blew up a car next
to an Army motorcade by the Baghdad airport.Of
those wounded, only Paul and his Captain were
hospitalized, and the Captain should be able to
rejoin his men soon.

Paul got shrapnel wounds to the stomach and his
left arm is broken. Both the tibula and fibula of
the left leg are broken as well. The Army originally
told Cheryl that Paul was stable and would be shipped out to Germany shortly,but later today someone else
told her Paul was listed as serious, but not deemed
serious enough to be already evacuated. He should be
in Germany tomorrow though, and if still listed as
serious the Army will fly Cheryl and Pete over there.

That worries me. How serious is serious? Is the
leg worse than just two broken bones, or is it
the stomach wound?

I don't even want to write what I am thinking
about the president who got us into this mess.

I'm too angry.

No comments: