Sunday, June 27, 2004

....IS BLOWIN' IN THE WIND....

Saturday was an amazingly busy day at the store,
considering we're in the slow season, and we were
lamentably short staffed. A long tiring day.

I spent a good portion of the day at register, and
it is not the most intellectually stimulating part
of the job...and yet....

I saw him standing in line at the far end of the
counter, a man perhaps a few years younger than I.
He was wearing a blue tshirt and a pair of jean
shorts. Very low jean shorts. So low, his beer belly
was hanging out over the waist and flopping nicely as
he advanced to my register. It was not until he was
standing across the counter from me that I noticed
that his zipper was also low.

Very low.

Ok, it was open.

He handed me his chosen DVD. I debated alerting the
gentleman of his umm..openness. Several customers
had noticed it as well. But as I looked at the guy,
I couldn't decide how to bring the subject up.(cough)

BT like?: "Milord, your blade is near unsheathed.
Secure it, please."

Dhugal like?: "Och y' bluidy numpty! Y' willie's
wavin' oop in th' wind!"

After a closer look at the guy's face, I decided he
was not in the best of moods and not likely to take
a hint well no matter how nicely (or not) I might
put it.

So I handed him his change and wished him a nice day.

And didn't salute the colors.

No comments: