Back a few weeks ago when I knew I was about to
enter the Financial Valley of Doom,I found a deal
at my local supermarket on frozen hamburgers. These
are sold under the brand name of Bubba Burgers and
usually go for $6.99 for a pack of six 1/3 lb.
hamburgers. The sale was "Buy one, get the other free",
so I became the proud buyer of 12 Bubba Burgers. I
took the two packs home and stowed them into my not
overly ostentatious but roomy (ok,halfempty) freezer
to be cooked at some future date.
Today was that day. Not for all 12, good lord no,but
two Bubba Burgers were placed in the skillet and
heat applied.
Friends, you know that term about "your mouth will
water!"?
Well, I'm here to tell you, brethren and sisters,
my mouth done salivated! I expected the Boston Pops
to burst into my living room to play Aaron Copeland
whilst Sam Elliott intoned in all his folksy cowboy
charm:
"Bubbaburgers. They're for Dinner."
I put them Bubbaburgers on two slices of white bread
(hamburger rolls are only for cookouts in our family
tradition), added some mustard,ketchup and relish,
covered them with two more slices of bread and
gobbled those suckers right down.
Were they good?
Great Lord Almighty, they sure as heck were!
Dessert was some Oreos.
I will go to bed soon tired but replete, and
content in the knowledge that I am, at last, in
touch with my Inner Bubba,
No comments:
Post a Comment