Sunday, December 07, 2003

Later, that same day...
Anywho..we ended up with two ft of snow and the
Patriots won. I got my car shoveled out, it started, so all is
relatively right with the world.
Writing...
I think its an outgrowth of my love of reading, and then my love
of sf and fantasy. My first published story was a truly horrible allegory
about war in an sf setting. It was really, really bad.
I didn't try my hand at it again until I became active in fandom,
specifically the Darkover fandom through Lynne Holdom. But when I
started working in retail, I had less time for cons and writing, so I
let it drop.
It was 6 years ago I started up again, writing small posts to the
mailing list for the Statrchat channel #Camelot, and I've been doing it ever since.
I could go into more detail on what it means to me, but to be honest, its late, I'm tired, and I'd rather be more coherent when I do it. So, for now:
It frees me.

No comments: