Ho Ho ...(cough).. Ho!
Well, the holiday rush is over and I survived, more or less. I've got
another cold, although this one is a bit different than the bout with
laryngitis last month.I think I've got a slight temp and I'm a bit congested
in the chest. Took the day off from work
Fascinating, eh?
Cheryl and Peter gave me a DVD player for Christmas and the kids gave me
three DVDs to start me off. Phil and Wendy gave me a gift card for Best Buy
so I'll most like pick up some more this week. It didn't seem to work very
well on the old Curtis Mathes console in the parlor but hooked right up to the
portable in the bedroom and I watched "Pirates of the Carribean" last night on it.
The good news is this lets me keep the VHS hooked up in the parlor so I
still can watch the old VHS tapes as well.
All in all, a good Christmas. I didn't put out the ceramic tree this year.
It's broken and I should really toss it, but can't bring myself to do it.Maybe
I'll find a replacement on sale now that the holiday is over.
Last Tuesday (Christmas Eve Eve?) I was driving home from work around
9:30pm and was on Sycamore St. over in Holbrook. It is a long street with
suburban type houses but towards its end where it joins Rte 139 there are
woods leading to the bogs along the powerlines. I could see something in the
road ahead of me and I hit the hibeams, figuring it was dogs, and was amazed to see two deer..does...stop to look at the car before running off into the woods.
It seems the wild things are becoming ever more comfortable with the civilized.
Or perhaps the civilized are becoming wilder?
No comments:
Post a Comment