Another day, etc...
Mid October already. Strong rains last night followed by gusty winds
today and a lot of the fall color's gone.
The Red Sox won Game 6 with the Yanks, with Game 7 for tomorrow night,
Pedro vs Roger. And I will be at work.
Bah.
On the more ominous side, the Cubs were eliminated, so there wil be no
Cus-Sox World Series as a lot of folks had hoped. A bad omen for the
Sox, maybe, for tomorrow night's game?
Speaking of work, my happy peasant status continues, even as the
murmuring among the rest of the peasantry keep on. One long time worker
was waiting on a call back from a prospective new job. A management type
spoke of perhaps finding a bank teller job as a form of escape. TBWMBO goes on like the Eveready battery rabbit, perhaps aware of the mood but not giving any sign of it.
Have half a Hundredth Tear segment done, but will have to wait until tomorrow night or Frday day to continue that.
The new Eddings book landed today. I may break down and buy it before my car breaks down (the strut bars are going) and I can't afford it.
Too many new books coming out that I want to buy at a time I can't afford to buy them all at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment