Thursday, June 02, 2005

BIRDS, BEES AND UMMM...BUSH

ok..could someone tell Barbara Bush to have Father give G.W. another
talk about the birds and the bees?

The other day the President offered the opinion that the 400,000 eggs
discarded from articical procedures be adopted rather than used in stem
cell research.

Huh?

I believe the reason these eggs are expendable is because the mother has
already been successfully impregnated and these are surplus.I'm not sure
if these eggs are even viable or if they contain the father's sperm. But let's
say for argument's sake that they are.

Have you seen the huge lines of born agains lining up to adopt an egg?

Yeah, neither have I.

If Bush and the Christian Right, including the Pope , are going to claim that life begins
even before the sperm and egg have merged, then I suggest they think twice the
next time they urinate and flush.

Let's try adopting the millions of living breathing children we have first.

1 comment:

Emerald said...

As someone who donated 22 embryos from her own dance with ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) I don't care whether they were "adopted" or used to further research... or whatever. I just didn't want them trashed. Use them for something...they're cells. I have my child, with a soul and personality, and tons of other good things, the balls of cells created at the same time my Maddie was created are NOT my children... it takes a little more than cellular collision and division to make a child.