Not a big one(I think) but enough that I had to
clean snow off the car after work.
I debated stopping to do some food shopping
and decided to opt for the one lonely frozen
pizza waiting to be nuked at home instead.
Snowfall has weird effect on me. I end up
feeling drowsy and I slept a good part of the
night in the living room chair. Woke up about
15 mins. ago or so and thought I'd do this first
since been a few days since last update.
As far as winter goes, Joni Mitchell wrote about
it and I always hear Tom Rush singing it in my
head when I read the words:
And the warriors of winter gave a cold triumphant shout
All that stays is dying and all that lives is getting out
You see the geese in chevron flight a flapping and a racing on before the snow
They've got the urge for going and they've got the wings to go
I'll pile the fire with kindlin' and pull the blankets to my chin
I'll lock the vagrant winter out and bolt my wanderin' in
I'd like to call back summertime and let her stay for just another month or so
But she's got the urge for goin, and I'll have to let her go
-The Urge for Going
No comments:
Post a Comment