Thursday, November 04, 2004

FINAL ELECTION THOUGHTS

I don't understand this country anymore. Neither
does my sister and her husband. We watched the
report the other night on "60 Minutes" about how
soldiers in Iraq are modifying unarmored Humvees
with plywood, sand, and metal plates scrounged
off the abandoned tanks of Sadam's army to make what they call "rolling coffins" and we couldn't believe that the man who put Paul and other kids in such harms way would be re-elected.

Show's how much we knew, eh?

We didn't count on that 40% of America Born Agains
that turned out on "moral issues". I expect the
President will repay their support by pushing for
the anti-gay marriage amendment and appointing
Supreme Court Justices that will reverse Roe vs Wade
and other rulings the religious right deemed
signs of a godless society.

These are the same folks who burn books and music
they deem evil, in many cases, so I wouldn't be
surprised to see a return to the days of Jerry
Falwell's Christian Coalition strong arming
networks, publishers and record companies now that
they have the political clout to back it up.

The American people...well..ok..except for us
here in the Northeast and on the West Coast...
have what they wanted.

God help the rest of us. I think we are in for
rough times ahead.

And that's the last I will write on politics here
for awhile.

As for NaNoWriMo, I churned out 2288 words today.
(On Wed.) That's also 2288 so far.

As for Camelot..I am wrestling with whether it's
time for me to go. Judging by the rp tonight in the hall with Ascellon,KM and others, the answer seems to be yes.

No comments: