Did I mention I hate winter?
We got 27 inches here. I looked out my window
at 7:15am and saw the landlord hadn't cleared a path yet
and a peek out my door around the corner showed my car
buried by snow and the lot unplowed as yet. So, I called
out from work. It was going to take awhile to get out of this
mess.
When I went outside finally, I cleared my entrance walk and
waded out to the car. The snow had actually drifted on its roof
and extended out past it to form a ledge. The landlord came by
at this point with the plow but was unable to plow me out from
where I'd parked, so he sent one of his men over with the snowblower
and he cleared about 10 ft of driveway behind me so I could back
out eventually.
With my car moved, I helped a neighbor clear her car, then I
helped the elderly lady next door clear her walkway. Then I went
back in here, ate breakfast, threw some cds on the player and
napped for most of the day.
And that, for posterity, is my version of the Holiday Blizzard
of 2003
No comments:
Post a Comment