Wednesday, October 08, 2008

SHUFFLING DECKCHAIRS ON THE TITANIC

Wow! I don't think I've ever been as worried about the state
of things as I lately. I'm not sure what I have left in my 401k.
I don't dare look because I know I'll freak out when I see
how much I have left.

There's a possibility my store might be gone by Spring because
the whole damn company is likely to be out of business.

And frankly, I'm tired of the presidential election. My current
philosophy is Obama should win because the noompty we have
in there has screwed up this country in his two terms. Time to
let the other party see if they can fix it. It seems to be a
cycle:Republicans screw up the economy and Democrats fix
it until they do something stupid (like sex scandals) and get
kicked out.

At least if we had elected Kerry he might have recognized the
danger signs from the economy, or the people he had advising
him. I get the distinct impression old G.W. still doesn't have a
clue.

There's that old Chinese saying :"May you live in interesting
times!" I think I would prefer nice tranquil boring ones,
thank you.

No comments: