I’m still out here.
I’m still in that rut. Somebody who reads this blog suggested
yesterday that I take a break and read a book, and I had to grin
to myself. I read all the time. I’ve been rereading some of my old
favorites in the hopes something will jumpstart my imagination
again but so far no luck.
Despite what it might appear from recent entries, I don’t walk
around all day in a perpetual funk. You can’t work retail if you
are. You put on a smile, get your game face on, go out there and
be a customer service soldier. It’s when I get home here to my
hobbit hole by myself that I sit here and wonder why I feel the
way I have lately.
Of course I could say it’s partly because of how we lost Diana.
I’m pretty sure she’d “pfft” me for that one. Even though she was
ten years younger than me, she was closest to my age out of my
closest online friends and damn, I still miss those late night talks
about anything and everything. But even before her passing there
were times over the years when I’d get into this mood and I’d stay
offline for a few days until I snapped out of it rather than to mope
about online and be a wet blanket.
I don’t know what it is. I just don’t. Maybe it is middle age blahs?
Or at this point, middle aged approaching senior citizen blahs?
No comments:
Post a Comment