Monday, March 10, 2003

Another Monday
I really mean to post daily! Really I do!
Ah well..the Road to Hell, etc.
Monday is laundry day, so off I went to the laundromat
on yet another cold windy day. I stopped for a cup of coffee
and sat in the car awhile after loading up the washers inside.
Trips to the laundromat for a middle aged bachelor are a
boring necessity, and I pass the time with a book. I took one of
George R.R. Martin's excellent Game of Thrones with
me and the time passed quickly. I have long desired to be able
to write as well as Ellison and DeLint, but I've added Martin to
my list now. His characters are so real, and Tyrion Lannister,
a dwarf fighting to keep his place in medieval nobility, is great.
Several times this afternoon, I found my self laughing at a line
Tyrion throws out at another character.
Good thing I was sitting in the car. I might have gotten a
few stares otherwise.
After a stop at the supermarket to buy food, I returned home
to be greeted by a loud thumping noise as I opened my door
After reassuring myself the building was not alive and
about to swallow me whole, I realized it was coming from the
apartment next door, the last one in the building. Apparently
The Phantom's sons were either running in place, bouncing
a basketball, or bouncing each other. A half hour later it
mercifully came to an end.

No comments: